Frequently Asked Questions
All types. From the antique showpieces to the everyday comforters, we treat each one as if it were our own. Here’s a list of common rugs we clean and service in Geelong:
- Wool rugs
- Persian rugs
- Synthetic rugs
- Antique rugs
- Oriental rugs
- Afghan rugs
- Moroccan rugs
- Polypropylene rugs
- Hair on hide rugs (sheepskin rugs, cow hide rugs etc.)
- Kashan, heriz, shiraz, khamseh, Anatolian, Kazak, Baloch, flokati, and more...
- Viscose rugs
- Silk rugs
- Jute rugs
- Vintage rugs
- Cotton rugs
- Bamboo rugs
- Faux fur rugs
- Polyester rugs
- Shagpile rugs
Not sure what type of rug you have? We can let you know!
Our rug spa experience is delicate, meticulously detailed, and thorough – we don’t rush anything. The amount of time your rug will be with us will depend on the level of work required to get it looking, feeling, and smelling fantastic.
For a typical rug spa experience, you can expect your rug to be away for between 6-8 days, longer if it needs some extra love and care.
We want your experience to be as smooth and hassle-free as possible.
Our facility is nice and local in Mount Duneed, so dropping your rug off to us is a breeze. If that’s not an option, we also offer a pickup and delivery service to all Greater Geelong, Surf Coast, and Bellarine Peninsula areas.
There are a lot of factors that go into how much your rug will cost to wash. These might include how dirty your rug is, whether it needs stain removal, urine decontamination, specialty treatments, and so on.
We don’t want you to have any alarming surprises when it comes to cost, so the best way to determine this is to contact us and provide a high level of detail on the condition, type, and requirements for your rug.
Because carpet cleaners specialise in cleaning carpets, not rugs. Geelong Rug Spa evolved from our extensive experience in the carpet cleaning industry because we recognised that it was impossible to achieve incredible rug washing results without building a dedicated facility like ours.
A carpet cleaner’s equipment and materials are designed for cleaning carpet fibres and backing which are generally very different to a rug’s materials and backing. Their equipment simply isn’t made to deeply penetrate or wash rugs thoroughly. This means they’re only able to provide a surface level clean.
Carpet cleaners also don’t tend to carry the correct equipment for cleaning different rug types, meaning they can cause irreparable damage whilst attempting to clean your rug. Our equipment literally weighs a tonne (sometimes more), so while it’s amazing at what it does, it’s not portable or humanly possible to carry into your house!
We don’t recommend using any household or supermarket cleaners or chemicals on your rug at all, but instead allowing us to assess and treat the problem properly. Using household products on your rug can cause all sorts of problems from accidental bleaching, permanent discolouration, ineffective treatment, trapped moisture that could cause bacteria and mould growth, and the list continues.
We believe it’s a much safer and better option to let the professionals handle it!
Because it’s what we do! But to expand, here are some great reasons:
- We have a state-of-the-art facility built to provide a deluxe pampering service to your rug
- We can give you the best advice on the cleaning, maintenance, restoration, and repair of your rug
- Our equipment is purpose-built and designed to wash rugs
- Our industry knowledge and expertise allow us to do the best job possible
- Your rug goes away for a while, and comes back looking, smelling, and feeling like a new version of itself. It’s dry and ready to roll – not sopping wet and unusable for days
- We’re the most trusted and experienced people to look after your rug
We’re obsessed with cleaning. We work at something for as long and hard as we can to get the best result possible. Sometimes, this means getting the most stubborn of stains out. Unfortunately, we can’t guarantee this will always be the case.
But we can guarantee that we’ll try everything professionally possible.
The more detail the better. Photos can also be very useful in helping us to identify the type of rug and its condition.
Here’s a nifty list of details to have on hand when you request a rug washing quote:
- Size of your rug (even better if you have a tape measure handy)
- Type of rug (wool, synthetic etc.) If you’re unsure, we can identify this for you
- Condition of your rug and any specific requirements
- Any stains present and their cause (if known)
- Any existing damage in need of repair
- Your location